June 2, 2017
God of War weapons
God of War is the upcoming sequel to as well as a continuation of the canon chronology. God of War is the eighth installment in the franchise overall. Unlike previous installments, this game will focus on Norse mythology and will follow an older Kratos in the years since God of War III.God of War will be an exclusive PlayStation 4 launch.
- War Axe: in the E3 2016 gameplay trailer, Kratos' main weapon seems to be a War Axe. In combat, it appears that the Axe has certain magical properties like the ability to freeze enemies, when thrown. Similar to World Weapons in Ascension, the Axe can be discarded, but only temporarily, as Kratos can summon it back to his hand.
- Kratos' Fists: in the E3 2016 gameplay trailer, when he was disarmed, Kratos used his fists to finish an opponent.
- Bow and Arrow: In the E3 2016 gameplay trailer, Kratos' son uses bow and arrow to hunt and later assist his father in fighting a troll.
- Spartan Rage: in the E3 2016 gameplay trailer, it is shown that if Kratos gets angry enough, he can access the Spartan Rage, increasing his speed and strength. It appears that this can be used to finish enemies as well, as seen in his battle with the Troll.
- Armor Rune: in the extended gameplay, shown at E3, there is an alternative route explored, where Kratos finds an Armor Rune, as a collectible.
- Kratos: the main character of the game. After the events of God of War III, Kratos seemed to have moved to Scandinavia and has started a family. He has become older and wiser, and he has better control over his temper, his actions are no longer simply based on rage and anger, and he shows moments of regret at lashing out.
- Atreus: in the E3 2016 gameplay trailer, Kratos is testing his son, Atreus, to see how he hunts. The boy, however, is impulsive and untrained, leading him to make mistakes.
- Atreus' mother: in the E3 2016 gameplay trailer, Atreus' mother is briefly mentioned by Kratos, and it is revealed that she taught him to hunt.
Share this article
April 10, 2018
August 14, 2017
February 11, 2017