Where can I Spyderco Knives?
Spyderco knives are designed and built for use as cutting tools. Use of our knives for any purpose other than cutting is considered abuse. As with any tool Spyderco knives can wear out. They may also fail to perform if not used or cared for properly. If your knife has been put to hard use for a long period of time, it is possible that the useful life of the Spyderco product has been exceeded and Spyderco will be unable to perform any work upon the knife that will improve the condition thereof.
- Spyderco warrants that all of our products are free from defects in material and workmanship.
- Repairs to your knife performed by any source other than Spyderco Inc. unconditionally voids the knife’s warranty.
- Spyderco’s warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, misuse, loss, improper handling, alterations, accident, neglect, disassembly, or improper sharpening.
- If a knife fails to function as it was designed, we will examine its condition upon its return to Spyderco, identify why it failed and respond in an appropriate manner.
- If we determine there is a defect in the manufacture/materials/workmanship, Spyderco will repair, or replace that product with the same model or one of equal value at its own expense.
- If a problem with a returned knife is determined to be caused by something other than a defect in manufacture/materials/workmanship, Spyderco will inform you of whether the product can be repaired and the cost to you of having Spyderco implement such repair (see below). Upon agreement and payment, we will perform the repair.
- If Spyderco is unable to improve the condition of the knife, we will return it to you with the recommendation it be retired from use. All costs associated with shipment of the product(s) are the responsibility of the customer.
Blade Sharpening: Complimentary on PlainEdges, SpyderEdges and CombinationEdges provided. Please include $5.00USD for shipping and handling. $5.00 will cover the return shipping cost for up to 4 knives.
For the following repairs please include $20.00USD plus $5.00USD for shipping and handling
Blade or edge- Broken tip from prying or dropping, chipped edge or broken serrations, destroyed edge due to improper sharpening, rust due to neglect or other blade issues. Spyderco does not replace blades. Depending on the blade’s condition we may be able to re-profile or re-serrate.
Clips and clip screws- sheared off screws or broken FRN integral clips (can only be replaced with metal clips).
Handle- Missing Kraton inserts or other handle issues.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR KNIFE:
When sending your knife for warranty or repair- include a description of the problem and how it occurred. Please send your knife in a box. Knives have a tendency to tear envelopes in transit.Include: Company or individual name, return address (no P.O. Boxes please) daytime phone number. We recommend shipping UPS or registered mail for your tracking purposes.
BASIC KNIFE MAINTENANCE:
Ensure safe operation by regularly inspecting the knife’s interior for lint, obstructions, etc. Clean the lock well and inside the handle using a toothpick, hot water, and detergent. Rinse with fresh water, dry inside and out and lubricate steel components with oil/silicone. A sharp knife makes cutting easier and safer and lengthens its usable life. Like any tool, knives do wear out.
RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
By purchasing any item produced by Spyderco, Inc. the buyer assumes responsibility to ascertain and follow all applicable federal, state, local and international laws in having, owning, carrying, shipment, transporting, and use of any Spyderco product. The buyer expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Spyderco, Inc. for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, ownership, transportation or use of the item in violation of applicable federal, state and local laws or regulations. Spyderco is not liable for misuse of any Spyderco knife or product purchased either directly from Spyderco or from a dealer/distributor. You must be 18 years of age to purchase Spyderco knives. Spyderco’s warranty gives you certain legal rights. You may have other rights, which vary in different states and municipalities.
*Information on this site is subject to change without notice. Modification of products, materials, measurements, technical specifications and availability can occur. Contact your local Spyderco dealer for information.